Therapist: Jade West
Mat work for Mums and Mother & Baby Pilates are specifically tailored for postnatal recovery, with the aim to help you feel your best and give you a solid foundation on which to build your strength and fitness.
Post Natal Pilates – Mat work for Mums Thursday 10.30-11.30
A friendly group class that bridges the gap between motherhood and mainstream mat work classes.
This class is perfect for mums who need:
• Exercises designed to restore core muscles after having a baby
• Improved strength and Flexibility
• Awareness of posture and how it can be improved
• Time to relax and exercise in a caring environment
• Small group size to ensure you receive personal attention and maximum benefit
Mother & Baby Pilates Thursday 11.30-12.30
• To reconnect with their body and core muscles following childbirth
• Safe exercises that will improve strength and flexibility
• Improved posture by restoring the natural curves of the spine
• Time to exercise in a supportive group setting with your baby- So no need for childcare!
Babies needs always come first, so at any point throughout the class if you need to feed, change, cuddle, rock or take some time out, it is completely fine and totally expected! There are rest points throughout the class for babies to have some play time with mum. There is a padded changing mat for each baby to lay on throughout the class, so you may wish to bring their favourite blanket, comforter or any small toy that they like.
* Mother and baby class is suitable from 6 weeks postpartum (or after 6 week check with GP) or 8 weeks minimum for a ceasarean delivery.
Costs for both classes:
Block of 6 classes = £42.00
Drop in Session = £8.00
Taster class £7.00 (Receive a free class when you sign up for a block of 6)
What do I wear or bring to each class?
Wear clothing that you can move freely in, leggings or jogging bottoms and a top that is comfortable a non-restrictive. Shoes are removed during the class so you can wear socks or exercise barefoot, according to your preference.
Most importantly, remember to return your health questionnaire prior to starting the class so your individual needs can be taken into consideration. Mats and equipment are provided, but if you have your own mat you would like to bring, you are most welcome to. Although you are unlikely to become sweaty or out of breath it is a good idea to bring water to ensure you remain hydrated.
If you would prefer private tuition or a small group class (if you have a network of mums you already know) then please contact me with your requests.