Southend Laughter Club is held at 6-7 pm on the second Friday of every month next class Friday 8th February 2013
£5.00 per person.
What is Laughter Yoga ?
Laughter yoga was developed by an Indian Cardiologist, Dr Madan Kataria in 1995. While researching for an article he was writing “Laughter is the best medicine”, Dr Kataria decided to start a laughter club to assess its positive benefits. With the support of his wife, Madhuri, he created a unique exercise system combining unconditional laughter with yogic breathing, which is now known as ‘Laughter Yoga‘ and is now practised in more than 55 countries worldwide.
What are the benefits of Laughter Yoga?
- increases the supply of oxygen and helps to flush out the lungs;
- anti stress – stress hormone levels drop significantly after a Laughter Yoga session;
- feel good hormone – there is a release of endorphins which help to create a positive state of mind;
- boost to the immune system – laughter significantly boosts your immune system;
- aerobic exercise – one minute of hearty laughter is equal to 10 mins of jogging or rowing;
- increases the circulation – internal jogging promoting circulation to the digestive and lymphatic systems;
- catharsis – the free flow of emotion laughter brings can dislodge blocked emotions stored in the body.
Do I need a sense of humour? What if I dont feel like laughing?
You don’t have to have a sense of humour to laugh. It is a scientific fact that the benefits of laughter are the same whether its real or fake, so we laugh as an exercise and real laughter quickly develops.
What can I expect?
A Laughter Yoga class usually lasts 1 hour. It includes warm up exercises, breathing, stretching and laughter exercises.
These are followed by a laughter meditation which often leads to a more spontaneous and deeper experience.
What do I need to bring?
Please wear comfortable clothes.
How much will it cost ?
Laughter Yoga at the Therapy life centre costs £5.00 for a session.
Please arrive before 6pm so we are able to start the class on time.
Call 01702 433959 to book your place in our next Laughter Yoga class.