- Do you feel overwhelmed or anxious?
- Are you suffering with aches and pains?
- Do you have problems sleeping or just feel tired all the time?
- Are you more prone to recurring minor illness
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you may be stressed!
Some stress is part of life and can help us keep motivated and strive for better. But excessive negative stress can undermine our performance, putting us constantly in a fight or flight scenario. This directly affects our immune system, our mental, emotional and physical states. It can lead to long term damage.
Ignore stress at your peril!
It’s very important to tackle stress in its early stages because if allowed to continue unchecked, it can cause damage to your health, emotional well being and the relationships you have with loved ones and work colleagues. Long term damage can include the possibilities of heart disease, migraines, digestive problems, depression, obesity, and alcoholism and drug abuse.
Symptoms of stress include:
- Muscle tension or pain
- Chest pain
- Stomach upset
- Sleep problems..
- Lack of motivation or focus
- Irritability or anger
- Sadness or depression
What can help?
- Physiotherapy combined with Craniosacral Therapy treats all types of physical pain including headaches, back and neck pain.
- Acupuncture is successful in treating stress related symptoms such as pain and stomach disorders.
- Massage to release muscle tension helping you to relax.
- Negative thoughts and holding onto difficult emotions are a part of stress, therapies such as Hypnotherapy, NLP(Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and TFT (Thought Field Therapy) can help enabling you to see and do things differently
- Work related stresses, relationship difficulties or unexpected life events, can be helped by talking through problems with Counselling.
- Expressing your emotions through Art Therapy can be a .safe and powerful way of dealing with strong emotions and traumatic past events.
Long Term Maintenance
- Stretch and Relax a class for those who have stiff joints, aches and pains and struggle with everyday activities.
- Yoga-for-life improves your mobility, flexibility and strength and help to decrease the ageing process.
- Meditation a simple way to bring balance to your physical, mental and emotional state.
- For improved breathing and posture, Tai chi co-ordinates and balances you (both physically and mentally). It is very relaxing and can possibly help lower blood pressure.
- Business and Life Coaching helps you to work towards your goals, overcoming any hurdles and building your confidence, so reducing stress.
- Our talks, courses and workshops give practical information and advice on how to live your life differently including such things as Happiness Club, Laughter Yoga and The Secret to Using the Law of Attraction.
A Stress Assessment can help highlight the areas in your life that might be causing stress and then help to find lifestyle changes and treatment to reduce these stresses