What do you need?
1/2 cup turmeric powder (125mls) – Use organic powder
1 cup water (250 mls)
1 1/2 teaspoons ground black peppercorn (7.5mls) – We need this as turmeric is absorbed poorly in the body. Piperine present in black pepper helps in its absorption.
70ml coconut oil – Adding fats is another way to increase the absorption of turmeric in the body. Choose healthy oils such as coconut oil.
How do you make it?
- Add turmeric to water in a pan. Heat gently while stirring. Do this until you are left with a thick paste, this can take 5-10 minutes.
- If you feel that the paste is too watery, add some more turmeric. If you feel the paste is too thick, add some water.
- After the paste is ready, add pepper and coconut oil.
- Keep stirring to ensure that all ingredients are mixed properly.
- Allow the paste to cool, and you are all set.
Golden paste can be added to smoothies, curries, salads, and many more with delicious effect.