Dealing with stress in today’s fast-paced world.
Stress Awareness Month 2017
Reflexologist Maria Smith talks about how this treatment can help a stressed generation.
Reflexology is one of the easiest ways to help with stress and anxiety in today’s fast-paced world. A single reflexology session can relax you enough to put you to sleep.
A stressed generation
Young or old, we are all stressed.
There are various reasons why we experience stress. Every time a situation or person stresses you the body automatically kicks into a defensive response.
- Stress hormones such as adrenaline and cortisol flood our bodies
- Heart rate and blood pressure rise
- Mind becomes alert
- A fight or flight environment prevails
- Anxiety sets in
Reflexology for stress and anxiety
Is reflexology good for stress and anxiety? Reflexology is marvellous because it will relax you even while it promotes the repair and healing process of the internal organs. How is that, you ask?
- Reflexology is an alternative form of therapy originating from the ancient Chinese.
- This method or system is based on the principle that our head, hands, feet, and stomach have specific ‘reflex’ points like a map.
- These points are internally connected or linked to various parts of our body, stimulating energy pathways.
- Application of a certain degree of pressure on reflex points can positively affect specific organs.
- This can directly relieve stress and anxiety, and restore optimal organ functions (2), (3).
- Reflexology primarily stimulates the brain, pituitary gland, pineal gland and adrenal gland.
For more information or to book contact us on 01702 433959