Life Coaching is all about aiming for positives. And we coaches believe that the answers for what we each need to improve whatever we need to improve are within us. Whether that’s how to beat anxiety, how to get a better relationship, or anything in between. Sometimes we just have to look really hard… So try this exercise.
How to beat anxiety
- Pick one of the possible causes of your anxiety.
- Rate how much you think that this thing is a problem to you, out of 10. I.e. 10 = it totally affects me, 1 = it doesn’t affect me at all.
- Think of a specific time when this situation hasn’t held you back at all. And you’ve felt great anyway.
- Think about what it was that allowed you to do that. Where did that strength come from?
- Think of one thing you could do in the next couple of days which you might not normally have done because of this anxiety cause. It can be a tiny change or a big gesture.
- Do it!
- Notice how much better you feel about this. Re-rate it out of 10.
- Pick another thing that you can do in the next couple of days.
- Repeat until the problem you were experiencing’s rating has reduced to a level you are happier about.
This is a really simple approach if you are looking for how to beat anxiety, without having to seek professional help. However if you would like to be supported as you work on your anxiety, then Life Coaching, or Personal Coaching.
is a fantastic option. It’s all about moving forward and supporting you through change. If you want to know more about how this could help, get in touch with our Life Coach Vicky Kelly via 07908192656. You can meet with Vicky at our Centre in Southend on Sea, Essex.